Shawn Porter talks about his upcoming fight with Paul Malignaggi
Apr 15 2014 6:00 PM

IBF welterweight champion, Shawn Porter, will be defending his title against former two-time and two-division  world champion Paulie Malignaggi at the DC Armory, Washington, DC as the co-main event to Hopkins vs. Murat on April 19.

Porter can talk about whatever he likes.

Paulie will pepper Porter with power shots till Porter crumbles before him.

Paulie KO5.

Porter can talk about whatever he likes.

Paulie will pepper Porter with power shots till Porter crumbles before him.

Paulie KO5.

Im with you Shadow except for the KO.

I see PM winning a UD, out boxes and out classes the young strong kid who will be back next year.

[QUOTE=amayseng;49400]It is hard not to like this young kid Porter. Hell I am torn who to route for. I guess hoping for a good fight..[/QUOTE]

I feel you, both he and his dad seem like good people. I just don't think he's ready. The mental pressure he put on Devon Alexander is the type of stuff that makes Alexandr fall apart.

I don't think it will have that effect on Paulie, to say the least.

Great boxing chess match here. Both fighters are mentally and physically ready.

I hate to pick against Malignaggi, but I have to here. Gotta' disagree totally with your take on a KO 5 for Malignaggi, tS. In fact, I think this is more a distance fight than anything. And after the 12 rounds are in the bank, the guy whose hand will be raised will be…

Shawn Porter.

Last time Paulie won a title, he did it by a TKO so vicious — no, it wasnt on cuts as incompetent reporters like to perpetuate — that bloodthirsty Steve Smoger had to intervene!

And he did it while tweeting! That's saying something!

This bout will reveal what Poerter is made of.

But a stoppage wouldn't shock me.

Nobody balks at the notion that Pacquiao will win by KO. Yet, it never happens. Violent promise after violent promise…..and it doesn't happen.

Pacquiao hasn't had a knockout in FIVE years. By comparison, in the past three years or so since moving up in weight, Paulie has scored an amazing 40% of his total KOs against much better opposition than he faced as a rook, including Cotto and Lora.

It likely goes the distance. But I never doubt a magician.

Speaking of which, where's Dmitry Pirog these days?!