Roy Jones Jr. says to beat Hopkins, Kovalev needs to be busy, and beat him mentally
Nov 07 2014 1:48 AM

Roy Jones Jr. talks #HopkinsKovalev. Roy Jones fought Bernard Hopkins in 1993 (winning by UD) and 2010 (losing by UD).

Jones says Hopkins is a master mind and Sergey will to stay busy, hurt him early and outsmart him in order to defeat him.

Bernard Hopkins vs. Sergey Kovalev happens Saturday, Novemeber 8 at the Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey.

Wow! Superman-used-to-be Roy Jones was preaching. And his rambling sermon was on point.

The nowadays pugs are difinitely lacking simple fundamentals. And that is why the U.$. O-games team for man boxing will have more medal less days a coming. Holla!

the Roast says:

Nobody beats Father Time. The end is near.

[QUOTE=the Roast;68764]Just be busy. Let the hands go, make the old man work. By the middle rounds Hopkins will fold up like an old lawn chair.
Nobody beats Father Time. The end is near.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Radam G;68779]Father Time will be distracted by Mother Nature. He will be out hitting the the coochie. I heard that she is horny. Father Time's old arse gets it when he can. On the night in question he isn't studying and calling on another man.

Keep wishing, tR. What is near is that S-Ko is going to panic like a scary, trapped-in-oncoming-lights deer. Holla![/QUOTE]

Jab, stab, grab.

Maul, no brawl.

Skull, plenty of dull.

Power jab, 2-3.

Or, as Brother Naz likes to say, “Short Joe Louis, wipe his nose with the hook.”

The remedy may not be easy but it sure is simple.

He will hypnotize that boy, lull him to sleep, plant seeds of doubt and win the most dominant victory you possibly can while landing under 120 punches.

This is how I predicted it back in August and my prediction still stands:
[I]
RG perhaps said it best: he will jab, stab and grab this dude to death.

The remedy is as simple as it is sequential, mark The Shadow's words:

1) disrupt (rhythm), disturb (offensive flow), discombobulate (mentally).

2) Power jab.

3) 2-3.

It's that simple. K3 ain't gonna turn in to a wizard all of a sudden. He's a one-trick pony with heavy hands.

You see, Shadow sees beyond sexy — and I see beyond a phat a$$ and a nice rack to get a true gauge on substance.

3K is a video vixen. Sure, he's a KNOCKOUT.

But B-Hop is Michelle Obama.

No contest.[/I]

I get Roy's gameplan and it makes a ton of sense. There is not a single thing that he said that I would quantify as untrue.

However, haven't we heard that gameplan before? They said that's what Tarver should do, Tarver got worked. They said Pascal should do that. He gassed and my opinion go worked twice. Same thing for Cloud, Winky, De La Hoya and a host of others.

Just outwork him, swarm him, make him fight, pressure him. We have heard that over and over.

To repeat one of the oldest sayings in the book:

[I]If it were that easy, everyone would do it.[/I]

Bhop controls pace better than any fighter of this era, even better than Floyd and Manny. I cannot see Kovalev, whom even in defeat I will still regard as a good fighter, becoming a wizard overnight and figuring out how to dictate the fight to Hop.

Expect this one to be extra ugly because Hop knows Kovalev can bring heat. To negate that, Hop will keep it in a phone booth, clench, tie up, step on feet, and do whatever he has in his arsenal to keep Kovalev uncomfortable.

Hop 8-4.

the Roast says:

I can't wait to find out tomorrow night!

[QUOTE=the Roast;68804]Good Doc, only trouble with that is none of the fighters that you mentioned have the power of Kovalev and a lot of those fights were many years ago. Even Pascal was four years ago. The only thing I worry about for Kovalev is the stage too big? Is he ready for this moment or is he happy with what he has accomplished up to now. Kovalev has the timing, the size and the power to get the job done. Does he have the mind to go with the tools?
I can't wait to find out tomorrow night![/QUOTE]

There is nothing that can reveal the 4-1-1 like that squared jungle.

the Roast says:

[QUOTE=Radam G;68810]You are going to be disappointed with the so-called power of S-Ko. The very last opponent that B-Hop fought had more pop and power than S-Ko. Sorry but he is largely a Cathy Duva creation.

There is nothing that can reveal the 4-1-1 like that squared jungle.

B-Hop will be wiping S-Ko's nose with crosses and hooks and “swimming without getting wet.” Easy beatdown for the ancient “Alien” my comical friend. Hehe! Holla![/QUOTE]

The bigger younger stronger fighter got it done that night. You always say size doesn't matter and that's what I always tell the ladies when I am in cyberspace or international waters but in boxing, MOST of the time the good big man beats the good little man.

[QUOTE=the Roast;68811]That is the same song you were singing a few weeks ago Radam and Donaire went splat on the mat!
I won't be disappointed if Hopkins wins tomorrow night, as long as it isn't the typical lost puppy boxer follows his master all around the ring while the master poses, feints, and holds between the occasional punch or two. If Hop wins in some kind of entertaining way I will take my hat off to him, even though I never wear a hat because it promotes baldness and my hair in sensational. All that being said, the Krusher by KO![/QUOTE]

Hehehehe! It was a different song. For Cali Crush-less Cris A, it was an even different song. BTW, even B-Hop says size doesn't matter. He used the late, great Henry Armstrong as an example. Dude was a featherweight, but he would beat the arses of welterweights in a Windy City blizzard hour.

And you are dead wrong. Most of the times the smaller man wins. Boxing has a long history of this. Smaller pugs have constantly moved up and owned the biggies and tallies. Holla!

I can't wait to find out tomorrow night![/QUOTE]

Plenty of guys have had the tools to beat Bhop. Yet so few do.

For the last 10 years they have all had youth.

Some have had speed, height, strength, along with what I call the raw; length, height, weight.

Bhop neutralizes all of that with his style. I don't see this one being any different.

stormcentre says: