Robert Garcia on Brandon Rios next fight and on Ariza leaving the Garcia Boxing team
Jul 12 2014 12:08 PM

Trainer Robert Garcia talks about Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios and his next fight against Diego Chaves, he also explains why Alex Ariza is no longer working as part of the Garcia Boxing Team.

This is a very tough fight for Rios. Garcia more or less admitted the obvious that defense is not Rios' strong suit and that he needs to rely on his offense as his defense. He did say that Rios is working on moving his head more which would be a tremendous help to him if he can carry that into the ring. I think its smart of Garcia to not try to change Rios too much but work instead on one thing on the defensive side that could help tremendously in the ring. Too many times trainers throw too much at fighters (particularly more advanced fighters) when the best that can be done is to work with what you have with a little refining.

I believe this is a very evenly matched fight. The fighters are very similar in styles and skill sets. It is going to be a fun one to watch as a fan and may simple come down to which fighter wants it just a little bit more.

I don't get the deal with the secrecy of not being truthful of why Alex Ariza was dumped. Ev'ybodee and dey momma know it is because of his personality disorder and sneak tactics of slipping illegal syet to the fighters.

When will somebody reveal the “Real McCoy” Alex Ariza? Holla!

flackoguapo says:

[QUOTE=flackoguapo;58154]What if it's a stunt?! That's why it's just being hushed over. Ariza will be working low-key with the fighters so know one will make them take extra tests and have preconceived thoughts about their “cleanliness”. It is ” el teatro del inesperado” right, Radam? haha… just a conspiracy I made up for a slow monday…[/QUOTE]

Hehehe! Al mal tiempo, buena cara y a falta de pan, buena son tortas. Holla!

flackoguapo says:

Haha! Dont get me started with the “dichos”.. I grew up with my Grandma so the first 16 years of my life was nothing but old school dichos! One of my favorites I heard in a boxing gym when I was young, ” No cual kiera le entra al trabajo o a los putasos” roughly translates to ” Not just anyone will walk into a fight or work” meaning that's the thing most people are afraid of. Working hard or throwing some blows!

[QUOTE=Skibbz;58217]Rios will eat shots but he'll be dishing it out too. He loves to get punched in the face, I'm pretty sure I remember him flashing his liver to Alvarado asking for him to dig some shots there so he can really feel it. It's going to be fun to watch![/QUOTE]

flackoguapo says:

[QUOTE=oubobcat;58228]There is no doubt this is going to be a fun one to watch. Both these guys like to come forward and exchange. We have had some great action fights this year and this will also rank yp there once it is complete. With the way these two guys fight, it may even end up being fight of the year.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=flackoguapo;58302]I agree. I think Chaves hits harder and has some weird combos. Punches Rios might not see coming and not being able to bite down and hog it out. I have a feeling Rios will come with his all after losing 2 fights and is thirsty for blood, sometimes his own. lol.. Chaves will be there to be hit as well, and if he chooses to fight an “inside a phonebooth” type of fight, its a 50-50 fight with FOTY potential and some.[/QUOTE]

You paint a nice picture flacko I'm looking forward to a slugfest in the booth. Hope they start out in the kitchen and it stays there all night.