Oscar De La Hoya says he approached Bob Arum because it was the right thing for him and the sport
May 07 2014 4:29 PM

Photo Credit/Esther Lin/SHOWTIME

The Golden Boy vs. Top Rank cold war may be coming to an end soon. Oscar De La Hoya confirms he approached Bob Arum to make peace with him both for a personal reason and also because he knows it's what's right for the sport.

The tension that has existed between both promotional companies have prevented some fights from happening, fights that fans have been asking for for a long time.

Hopefully if they manage to sit down and reach new agreements fans will be able to see some of this fights in the near future.

You guys have heard it for yourselves. No screen smoke and mirrors. Right from the horse's mouth, and on video, Big Money O said he spoke wrongly and badly of Da BobFather and have since gone to Da BobFather's house and made it right.

Once again, like 97.55555 percent of the time, I've proven to be right.

I said that haters like to use an old Jew for a scapegoat of every human ill. And agitators get a big fill. But then the old Jew will retake the hill.

And now a lot of d@mns and more hating words, the haters and posers will spill.

The next couple of months or so will be quite interesting. As I said, Da BobFather, HBO and TR were going to win this so labeled cold war. Holla!

I bring this up because Al Haymon and Richard Schaefer are close. As are Richard Schaefer, Leonard Ellerbe and Floyd Mayweather. Many fighters that are aligned with Golden Boy are not signed to Golden Boy. But they fight under Golden Boy card because they are advised by Al Haymon who is tight with Schaefer who is still with Golden Boy.

[QUOTE=oubobcat;51886]Oscar might be opening the door but to Richard Schaefer that door to Bob Arum is permanently closed. There might be more but off the top of my head there are two fighters I can think of that are signed to Golden Boy and have zero affiliation to Al Haymon. Those fighters are Canelo and Abner Mares.

Something is going to happen here…either Schaefer is going to bolt, be forced out or a settlement reached in which he leaves (probably the latter is in process of being negotiated as I type this). Al Haymon, who advises many Golden Boy Fighters, has no contractual agreement in place with Golden Boy for many of the fighters he advises. I see Schaefer, Haymon and Ellerbe all joining forces in bringing the fighters under Haymon together under Mayweather Promotions. The fighters contracted to Golden Boy will be the start of the “new” Golden Boy led be De La Hoya. So there will still be a cold war in effect in the sport.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Media-Img-2/Complaint.pdf

El Dude says:

Oscar De La Hoya, in and out of the ring is a true Legend and a gentleman of the sport of Boxing . A prime Oscar De La Hoya would have destroyed Floyd Mayweather and Maidana combined. Oscar during his prime time was awesome, just look at what he did at a downhill in his career vs a prime Floyd, the dude got robbed at least a draw. I want to meet Oscar in person to shake his hand and tell him thank you for the hope that he has given not just me but for the entire world in believing that one day, we will see the breaking down of the barriers that have been dividing the sport that I love. I have nothing but respect for Oscar De La Hoya and I admire his professional Boxing Legacy. The Boxing Legacy that Oscar left behind lives strong in the memories of all the fans. Life is a struggle but just like in Boxing we should never give up. Great men remind you of no one else and Oscar is one of those dudes.
by El Dude.

[QUOTE=deepwater2;51888]Did Swiss banker act in good faith to protect golden boy or did he undermine golden boy and make alliances to hurt golden boy? The lawsuit English and Duva put into federal court asks this question and many more. The court documents are available here with all evidence attached. Letters and the contracts on record . Check it out. This lawsuit is no joke and even mentions that Swiss cheese banker and al the shadow Haymon are conspiring to seize golden boy promotions.

[url]http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Media-Img-2/Complaint.pdf[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=oubobcat;51951]Wow, thanks for that. Very interesting read and this court case could blow the lid on some things going on behind the scenes. I guess it can be argued that this court case may the best fight of the year.

I, for one, would be more than willing to plunk over the $70 PPV cost of a fight to watch the Al Haymon deposition.[/QUOTE]

Sam Watson will show up instead and his sons will be sticking their mugs into the camera during the depo. I suggest everyone read the court documents.

I read them earlier today. I think I was one of Stevensons most avid detractors after learning about his defection to the Hayman stable.
I don't like the idea of being deprived of a super fight due to the cowardice of one of the participants.

But where is the signed contract between Stevenson and Duva and HBO?
Is the lawyer saying that a series of emails .. Phonecalls and conversations constitute a legal and binding contract? Is so by what definition.

Letters from the lawyer to Hayman and Mitchell basically saying “keep you hands off” after the fact do not substantiate the existence of a contract.

They are merely the symptoms of Duva's desire to maintain her hold on Stevenson.

I'd like to see if some type of a legal precident will be set. Otherwise unless there is more evidence being witheld until the trial begins, it looks rather weak.

A success for Duva mheans a super fight for the fans. Hopefully their next exhibition of evidence is weightier than what's currently
displayed