Martin Murray: “It was a tough fight, it was not just his power but the pressure, he keeps coming”
Feb 21 2015 11:25 PM

Martin Murray showed heart, but that was not enough to beat a superior Gennady Golovkin, the fight was stopped in round 11, Murray was down 2 times in round 4 and once in 10 round.

Murray is the first fighter to last 11 rounds with Golovkin.

brooklynrules says:

Wow, what sand this guy showed. A real warrior.

GGG=Terminator that loves box

Domenic says:

Murray lost but his stock rose. This fight elevated his status. We'll see him again. Hopefully he didn't leave it all in the ring.

The news sites had it wrong when they said it was a slaughter

[QUOTE=brownsugar;76677]Those British guys are crazy…we were always crossing paths with her majesty's navy when I was in the armed forces. We never fought with the Brits… We partied… They'd drink us under the table every time …Murray will be back better than ever.
The news sites had it wrong when they said it was a slaughter
When I watched the recording , I didn't see a slaughter, I saw a good fight with a good boxer trying to defeat an impossible foe. That takes a fighting spirit.[/QUOTE]

I was impressed with Murray's fighting heart and spirit. He kept getting hit, then motioning GGG to keep bringing it, which he did.

If anything, Murray learned a lot about himself from this effort.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

He is one tough human.

thegreyman says:

[QUOTE=brooklynrules;76587]Wow, what sand this guy showed. A real warrior.
He also reminded me that people who visited England have told me in many cases you need an interpreter. LOL[/QUOTE]

haha trust me, if you're from London you need an interpreter for people from the north oo, especially round Liverpool!

I am open for criticism on this so feel free to come with it.

There are two guys I give major side eye to now and they are Danny Garcia and GGG. Danny I give side eye because he has caught break after break and when you really look at him, I am not sure you can call him great or even really good.

As for GGG, I do think he has the goods, but after 32 fights, I need something better than a C+ fighter in front of him before I bestow greatness upon him. Now I will admit, that part of his problem is flat avoidance, but his resume is his resume and it is not a good one, no matter how many KO's.

And yes, I am always this sites resident holdout.

I am open for criticism on this so feel free to come with it.

And yes, I am always this sites resident holdout.

edit*

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;76894]I am open for criticism on this so feel free to come with it.

And yes, I am always this sites resident holdout.[/QUOTE]

Agreed about Garcia as he is good but just catches breaks.

As for GGG what can do do?

flackoguapo says:

And yes, I am always this sites resident holdout.[/QUOTE]

Seems reasonable enough to me. GGG seems to be the real deal but you want A side competition to see how he fares. A lot of people are sold on his skills (which are obviously there) and that they will transfer and be successful regardless of who he fights Im assuming. But i'm with ya if you like to see lions cross paths before you make your final judgement even when one seems to have “the goods”

[QUOTE=amayseng;77003]Agreed about Garcia as he is good but just catches breaks.

As for GGG what can do do?[/QUOTE]

He is going to have to move weight classes. If he stays at 160, he will get diagnosed with a slight case of Roy Jones disease where your great but those around you are mediocre. He and his trainer have talked about the damage they could do at 168 and 154, might be time to make that move.

160 is desolate for GGG right now. Cotto stands to gain very little in fighting him. Cotto's legacy is set pretty much. GGG is a tough fight when it appears Cotto's eye is more on the sunset and checks rather than fighting with huge risks. Quilin would not touch him with a 10ft pole.

At 168 Stieglitz, Abraham, Groves and Sturm are currently not scheduled with anyone. All of those guys are at 168 and are loads better than anyone he has fought. Also don't be surprised if Canelo and Trout could be possibilities as well.