Marcos Maidana: “Mayweather will run like he usually does”
Aug 26 2014 11:13 PM

MAYHEM: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2,” a 12-round world championship bout for Mayweather's WBA Welterweight Belt and WBC Welterweight and Super Welterweight World Titles takes place Saturday, Sept. 13 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas

[QUOTE=Radam G;62231]Running ain't bad. Especially if you are boksing mad. Your opponent cannot catch you, and that makes his arse sad. But you are down with you, and are super glad. Sticks and stones can broke your bones, but that is if you are a fool and are standing there and not gone.

Every slugger and his nuthugger ought to quit talking about running like it is a sin. Leave it alone. It is all about getting the win. Holla![/QUOTE]

I have no problem with a boxer running to win a fight.

Just don't ask me to pay 70$ to watch you do it.

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;62243]I have always hated when fighters use the “stand like a man and fight” or “he is just going to run” argument. Pot shotting and dancing is a legitimate strategy. It not only emphasizes effective punching but also footwork, ring generalship, and sometimes stamina.

Many fighters historically have built their careers on this strategy with great success. I like Maidana but he sounds a little whiny here.[/QUOTE]

To sorta quote the great Iron Sheik, Doc, you make excellent, excellent comment. Footwork, controlling the ring, controlling the pace is what ring generalship is all about.

These dudes always whine. I was watching Malik Scott vs. Glazkov yesterday. Though he uses angles, Malik Scott is pretty slow with his footwork. Then after the fight this bum says “he was running! I don't like runners!”

Which he wasn't. Dude just couldn't connect on him. And I loved Scott's response. “I'm not running, I'm boxing! If I'm running, it is your job to cut me off and stop me.”

Same BS Provodnikov said. “I don't like runners.” Well, is it because you need to learn how to cut off the ring?! That's the remedy for a mover last I checked.

Erislandy Lara ran against Canelo Alvarez, yes, but Canelo was all up on that azz pinning the ultra-fit Erislandy Lewis, er, Lara against the ropes and letting his hands go.

Maidana didn't seem to have problems locating Floyd. He was right there on the ropes. He had problems hitting him, though!

What these punks are really saying is that “I hate guys with defense! It causes me to lose!”

GTFOH with that nonsense…

Doc — your eloquence and intelligence shine clear once more.

I'm The Shadow. And I approve this message.

[QUOTE=oubobcat;62257]Its funny, Maidana seems to be trying to psychologically bait Mayweather into fighting his fight. Has Maidana not been paying any attention to the sport in the last decase or so? Floyd is a psychological master and will not fall for any tricks or comments in the media to make him fight in a different manner.

When Maidana talks, he just needs to say the right things (I am working hard in the gym…Floyd's a great champion…I can't wait for September 13th…etc) and focus on his training and own game plan. Don't try to play mind games with Floyd in the media. Of all strategies to take, that is one that is the most doomed to fail.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with what Chino is saying.

All those other things are cliche' and boring. The nice thing about Chino is that he is genuine and real. Let him be him. Let him be outside the ring what he is in it, raw, intense, aggressive, there to take your head off. Chino is what is selling this second fight. Floyd's performance was sub par and boring. Shutting Chino up and making him boring will be detrimental to the ppv shares.