Marco Antonio Rubio: 'I'll test Golovkin, I'm coming for the win”
Oct 15 2014 9:52 PM

WBC Interim Champion MARCO ANTONIO “El Veneno” RUBIO, 59-6-1 (51 KO's) will test WBA and IBO Middleweight Champion Gennady Golovkin on Saturday, October 18 at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

Sorry but Marco is not going to find 3g. I expect a third kayo. Holla!

the Roast says:

I'll be surprised if Marco makes it out of the first. He might make the 3rd if GGG takes it easy. Is it too late to flip the main event?

[QUOTE=BoxingChannel.tv;66934][url=http://boxingchannel.tv/marco-antonio-rubio-ill-test-golovkin-im-coming-for-the-win][/QUOTE]

If Rubio is patient and a real pro, he may make it through five or six rounds. If he really does come to try and test GGG, however, he is going to force boxing's top middleweight to shift into a higher gear a lot earlier. The fight will end at that point.

If Rubio comes out banging, he'll be headed back to the dressing room by round two.l If he takes his time (which I can't really see happening), it'll be a few rounds later.

flackoguapo says:

thegreyman says:

I hope it does go far flacko- the more I see of GGG in action the better!

However, I personally doubt it will.

Watch a tape of Golovkin-Macklin and you will see how this fight will play out. Golovkin takes Rubio's aggressiveness away early and scores a knockout with a body shot in round three of another dominant performance.

[QUOTE=flackoguapo;66979]I'm not calling an upset but I have a feeling this fight will go past 6(not the distance though) and MA-Rubio will be heavy enough to absorb and dish out blows with GGG.[/QUOTE]

It may go past six. But it in a one-sided beat down. Holla!

[QUOTE=Radam G;67012]It may go past six. But it in a one-sided beat down. Holla![/QUOTE]

Sometimes, Radam, I agree with you. This is one of those times.

GGG is going to be like a sharpshooter going to the range to practice with his weapons. It is going to be target practice.

The stiff jab. WHAP!

The right cross. BAM!

The right uppercut. POW!

The combos. BING, BING.

The hook to the head. BOOM!

The crushing hook to the body. CRACK!

Rubio can talk about testing GGG, but when it comes down to it, the real test will be how much can Rubio take before he folds up.

For the sharpshooter, it's just going to be another day on the range.

Stick a fork in Rubio, he is done.

Rubio should have put his fork down sooner, the man weighed in 2 lbs heavy.

Off to the sauna he goes, how much more weak will he be? no one knows.

Any chance Rubio had to make it until the later rounds just went down the toilet. he might have to pay a chunk of his purse and just come in heavy. His trainer Garcia should of kept a better eye on the weight.

flackoguapo says:

He might be stealing a move from his Mexican homeboy( Siri Salido) who weighed in about 2 pounds heavy against V-Lomachenko. I'm pulling all the stops haha… I want to see a good squabble!

flackoguapo says:

Rubio figured out GGG had too much for him and stayed down. You guys called it

What a dog! He was coming for what? Coming for the win?

He was coming for the paycheck. Nothing more! It cost him $100,000 for having eaten too many enchilladas, tacos, bean borritos, tamales, quesadillas and too much cerveza.

Every fighter has his reasons for stepping into the ring. Rubio came for some dinero.

But the win?