Main Events CEO, Curtis Stevens promoter, Kathy Duva talks about Steven's loss against N'dam
Oct 02 2014 11:35 AM

Kathy Duva says Curtis Stevens is young and entertaining and  he still has a lot to prove and show.

[QUOTE=The Shadow;65916]I guess “being me” wasn't enough. Maybe you should watch video of your opponent next time. Or maybe build a fan base when given the opportunity so an embarrassing loss like that doesn't ether your stock.

He can recover, though. He's an entertaining fighter with suspense built in to his fight to the final seconds. Let's see him vs. Quillin at Barclays after he regroups.[/QUOTE]

Showtime Stevens v Quillin at Barclay's is interesting.

I think Quillin outclasses him and stops him late, but it is certainly an interesting matchup.

[QUOTE=The Commish;65919]Showtime Stevens v Quillin at Barclay's is interesting.

[B]During his down time, perhaps Stevens can work with some in his management/promotional team on building his personality and charm. Being he has none, he can only improve.

Then he can go back to the gym and learn how to cut the ring off and throw effective counter-shots.[/B]

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;65927]I agree but unfortunately charisma and personality are those things that are hard to manufacture. It is not quite “The Bolt” as you refer to it, but is not far from being a gift. I always felt that Chad Dawson was the poster child for guys who had some skill but were hurt by their lack of personality.

I do think with Chad, it was just the way he was, a very plain guy. Something about Stevens says butthole to me.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=The Shadow;65953]Something about him said that to me, too, namely his words. Like Randy says, he can only improve.[/QUOTE]

Stevens is who is his and if he hasn't changed by now fuggedaboutit . He has been in the game a very very long time. He is a 5 ft 7″ middleweight. The blueprint on how to beat him has been out there for a while now. He can walk over C-class fighters on undercards but he can't beat the elite that know how to box and keep calm around his storm.

chin checker vs chin checker

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugxjb6Dv5c4

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=oubobcat;65975]I see this fight happening and could even be in 2016 depending on things shake up in the next few months. Either Stevens gets Quillin or Jacobs.

Stevens will get a couple easy fights that make him look good where he scores spectacular ko's and set himself up for one of these two at Barclays. Its an easy fight to sell and very winnable for either of Haymon's guys.[/QUOTE]

I think Stevens has proven what he is on the big stage and it is below average. What you state above is probably correct and he will become the Rocky Juarez of the middleweight division. A guy who is good enough to continually get good shot after good shot but continually comes up really short when the opportunity arises.

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;66006][B]I think Stevens has proven what he is on the big stage and it is below average.[/B] What you state above is probably correct and he will become the Rocky Juarez of the middleweight division. A guy who is good enough to continually get good shot after good shot but continually comes up really short when the opportunity arises.[/QUOTE]

Kinda puts the GGG fight in perspective, too, doesn't it?

flackoguapo says:

[QUOTE=The Shadow;66028]Kinda puts the GGG fight in perspective, too, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

I was waitin for it… lol

You hit it, TGD! And The Shadow is apparently hitching a ride as your shotgun slaughterer. Dang! Buckshot shooting is on da haps. Taka mona! Let me holla at some of my A-side meth so that I can “walk through those bullets and syet,” as Uncle Roger May so bulljivingly puts. Hehehe!

Before Curt-Steve fought 3g, I called him the total Eclipse of an @$$hole, who may need to holla at some counseling from a psychiatrist and psychologist and a boksing spiritual man — a straight-up put-da-whammy-slammy-on-da-arse type.

After 3g dusted him off, I said that Curt-Steve would never be the same unless he now sees a sport psychologist, a Dr. Deen-type hypnotist and a different trainer whose not a family member.

Dude gets comfort through thick and thin by his uncle/trainer. But in this take-no-prisoners sport, a trainer needs to know when to throw and when to flow and go straight-hardcore into a p¡$$¥-hi$$y fit.

Holla at the great, late trainers GBG Manny Steward and GBGOAT Angie Dundee. They knew when and would get into a fighter's arse in dat shaky-snaky minute between rounds.

They would tell a not-performing-to-what-he-can pug that he was blowing it, that he's fighting like a piece of sh¥±, that he needs a new job, that they could do better, to win this d@mn fight for your momma, Imma throw in da towel, Imma tell da f*%$ing promoter not to pay yo' @$$ and then Monday Imma throw all outta yo' gym locker if you don't fudging fight, c'mon, kid, etc., etc.

Curt-Steve will never be remotely the same until somebody and a whammy-shammy corner second put it on him after he finish sitting in that rocking chair hollering at some sport shrinks to straighting out how he now thinks. Holla!