Is it time for Bernard Hopkins to hang his gloves?
Feb 09 2015 4:07 AM

There has been talk about the possibility of a fight between Bernard Hopkins and Carl Froch, Al Bernstein talks about this and considers it's best for Hopkins to retire at this point of his career.

Froggy says:

I have felt the same way for awhile and who am I to disagree with Al Bernstein ?

dino da vinci says:

Why?

King Beef says:

Maybe 1 more, but if he gets blown out again it might be time. The guy has nothing else to prove

george0383 says:

stormcentre says:

[QUOTE=george0383;75866]Although I agree that B Hop should retire, Carl Froch is a very beatable opponent for him, and I can understand Bernard still wanting to fight and not give up the sport that he loves so much. It would be a huge event in the UK, and I think he could come out with a win and be relatively unscaved. But again I agree with al, that he should focus on his other career as a promoter and he will still be involved in boxing.[/QUOTE]

Interesting angle.

Froch mostly fights on determination and stamina, with a muscular or bullying approach.

His raw but effective style is difficult for a lot of guys to adapt to and as they try Carl is used to catching them out.

I'm not going to negatively discuss him more than that as he's really fought a great bunch of fighters on their home turf and beat them.

Aside from that, I think Ward is the only one that really showed the limitations of Carl's style and even there Froch remained reasonably undeterred.

However, with what Carl technically brings to the table, there's nothing there Bernard hasn't seen before.

Furthermore, even aside from the fact that Carl probably has not been in with an opponent that has presented a defence and look Hopkins could give, it may be (if Hopkins can sweat down without too many issues) relatively easy for Hopkins' defence to deal with Froch.

Kovalev is certainly good match practice to go into a Froch fight with; even if Bernard didn't rehydrate back up to whatever weight (advantage) before the fight.

If I was Hopkins I certainly wouldn't be afraid of what Carl brings to the table.

flackoguapo says:

the thing that really gets B-hop off is showing how different he is, IMO. The more all these fighters position themselves to not take risky fights, the more I see B-hop trying to make BIG moves…

[QUOTE=Radam G;76123]Do it until you are satisfied. B-Hop should not quit until he feels the urge, or the corrupt powers that be give him a pink slip. Holla![/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Froch's feet may as well be made of concrete. Bhop could possibly out box him.

And I would take Bhoppy over Stevenson all day long.