Gary Shaw says Daniel Geale is the toughest opponent Golovkin has faced so far
Jun 23 2014 11:08 PM

Gary Shaw is the promoter of Daniel “Real Deal” Geale (30-2, 15 KOs) who wants to recapture a world title; in this case he is going after Gennady Golovkin's WBA Super World middleweight and IBO Middleweight belts.

Golovkin vs. Geale will happen July 26 at the Madison Square Garden Arena.

thegreyman says:

[QUOTE=Skibbz;56380]It will just mean that Geale may be the guy who lasts the longest up to this point… I doubt it though. I think Golovkin will take the step up in competition as a healthy challenge to himself and get the job done in spectacular fashion. This fight is what, just over a month away..? Can't wait to see 3G back in the ring.[/QUOTE]

You may well be right Skibbz.

Geale has some impressive wins over some decent middleweight opposition, but he lacks the power necessary to mix it up with Golovkin in my opinion.

His chin is no better than Adama's, and probably worse in my view. It will again, only be a matter of how long it takes GGG to get to him.

Golovkin in less than 6. Can't wait to see him back in action, and in MSG too!

I do agree that Geale is the toughest opponent Golovkin has faced to date.

I don't see Golovkin losing but I do see Geale having some moments in this fight. Geale has good movement and he may have a little success in spots using that movement to set up good angles to land punches.

Ultimately, Golovkin will prove to be just too skilled and too strong. A lot of people look at Golovkin at just a ferocious puncher but he is also a very well schooled technically sound fighter. He will use the jab and find a way to cut off the ring to get to the inside to land his power shots. I see him breaking Geale down for a mid round stoppage.

No doubt that DG is a suitable opponent. But an opponent is all he will be. He faded down the stretch against Darren Barker, whom he dropped with a body shot for a nine count in the sixth, only to have Barker come storming back for the win.

Geale will try and look good in his effort. He may even provide a few fireworks. But, in the end, GGG will pick up another win and probably his 17th consecutive stoppage.

It's a while yet to the fight, I hope both are fit. Sure you can hit Golovkin but just being able to hit him isn't enough. He is a tough competitor with bags of experience. He is no bag either, he will be firing his hammers at you, exercising his arms like pistons. I think Brownsugar's right, Geale can improve his perception and get himself well known amongst the fans who may demand to see more of him, but ultimately he will be remembered in their eyes as having been another boxer to take a beating at he hands of Golovkin..

Keep in mind, the Gary Shaw who is telling you that Daniel Geale is going to beat GGG is the same Gary Shaw who was telling us Kimbo Slice would one day be heavyweight champion.