Devon Alexander: “From Nothing to Something”
Dec 02 2014 12:00 AM

Check out Devon Alexander's inspiring story, and be sure to watch him face off against Amir Khan in the main event of a SHOWTIME Championship Boxing triple header on Saturday, December 13 at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT on SHOWTIME.

RDXSports says:

His upcoming bout with the Amir Khan aka the king khan would prove that either he is nothing or something. But I am quite hopeful that he would tries his best to prove himself something.

I never was a fan of Alexander but I am rooting for him to knock out Khan, just to keep Khan from talking about fighting Floyd. I would think Khan is the favorite but I can't write Alexander off just yet.

[QUOTE=Skibbz;71609]There was always something about Alexander I liked but I could never put my finger on it, he's disappointed too often in the past and I expect him to get beaten up by Khan but at least he's talking himself into the fight. In reality I think he gets smoked.[/QUOTE]

As for this fight, I think he wins and he stops Khan. Alexander struggled against a pressure fighter in Porter but Khan does not fight like Porter. Khan has many holes in his defense and Alexander is a sharp puncher. He uses footwork to set up angles very well in the ring to land his combinations.

I see Khan having early success much like he did against Garcia. But eventually Alexander gets the timing down and starts getting to Khan around rounds 3 and 4. Alexander starts landing more and eventually catches the very chinny Khan to score a KO.

And for those who think Alexander can't punch, here is a clip showing otherwise…

[QUOTE=oubobcat;71614]I will say this about Alexander the person. I met him at the Broner-Rees weigh in in Atlantic City a couple years ago. He was more than willing to chat with me for some time, take photos, sign autographs, etc. He is very personable. And the next day he saw me at Bally's and came over to say hello remembering me from the weigh in. He is genuinely a very good friendly guy.

[/QUOTE]

Alexander caught a rushing-in, off-balancing pug. And he step on his toe. Just as Hulkquez did Da Manny, Alexander (the not so great) Urango.

Alexander is a pillow puncher. He will lose BIG! Holla!

[QUOTE=Radam G;71618]I like your guts. I've betted you three gentlemen bets. And won all four — I mean three. Imma go for a fourth one .

Alexander is a pillow puncher. He will lose BIG! Holla![/QUOTE]

You are so right. Alexander was made to look like George Foreman catching Joe Frazier with those uppercuts as he nailed a slow, stationary Urango with right uppercuts.

Amir Khan is not Urango. Do not expect Khan to walk straight into Alexander again and again. In fact, probably not at all.
Khan will show Alexander problems which will give him problems all night long.

Khan by unanimous decision.

You are on, a fourth one it is.

My prediction…Khan gets off to a fast start. But as the fight progresses Alexander gets his timing down and gets into a rhythm. Eventually he hurts the chinny and defensively challenged Khan and scores a mid round TKO.