Deontay Wilder ready for Jason Gavern August 16
Aug 14 2014 8:10 PM

Undefeated heavyweight and WBC Continental Americas Champion Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder (31-3, 31 KOs) will be facing Jason Gavern (25-16-4, 11 KO's), Saturday, August 16 as part of the Shawn Porter vs. Kell Brook undercard.

Catch Wilder vs. Gavern on SHOWTIME EXTREME® (7 p.m. ET/PT)

PHOTO CREDIT: CARLOS DELGADO – HOGANPHOTOS/GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS

condreyjr says:

He is undefeated wrong record posted

Stiverne whoops Wilder. With ease.

[QUOTE=oubobcat;61404]I have been critical of Wilder's competition in the past and Gavern certainly isn't a step up of any sorts for Wilder. But I will say that unlike some of the opponents in the past this one makes sense and I actually praise Wilder for taking on this fight. Unlike many in his situation as a mandatory challenger on the verge of a big fight and payday, he is staying active. That is a very smart move. As such as well, the choice of opponents is very smart. So no criticism on the opponent for this fight unlike many of the previous 31 Wilder has previously faced. I hope Wilder gets the KO here and then can hopefully get Stiverne in the ring next which would be a great fight for the heavyweight division.[/QUOTE]

I agree. He can get hurt in sparring too. The only risk lies in the prospect of defeat — and that ain't happening.

As long as he stays upright there's no way Jason “Ric Flair” Gavern wins. He could lose every round, they are not not giving it to Wilder.

So it's a way to stay active, stay in the public eye and also make a few bucks for a shopping session or for his medical budget for his daughter.

I believe he will beat Stiverne in the Fall. After he does, there will be no more Jason Gaverns in front of him…only a lineup of the best.

[QUOTE=The Commish;61437]Getting opponents to face the hard-hitting giant has become next-to-impossible. So, rather than stay inactive and wait for Stiverne, Wilder has elected to climb through the ropes aqgainst professional opponent Jason Gavern. I don't fault Wilder for that at all.

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

Not quite truth. There are a lot of opponents wanting to fight the cadaver collector. But the protectors of the cadaver collector vetoed each and everyone. Da game is littered with optical illusions. And these OIs are and have surrounded the truths. Holla!

Many of you won't cut Wilder any slack. Eventually, he will be tested. Perhaps he'll even be beaten. But, what if he beats Bermane Stiverne and follows with two or three successful defenses? Will you believe then? Even a little?

We'd all like to see him pushed…tested…taken into deep water. It will happen.

But not on Saturday, 8/16, it won't!

[QUOTE=The Commish;61474]Who are these “cadavers?” What are there names? What should Wilder have done? Take off until November? I was at Mike Tyson's first 20 fights. His opponents were not much better. He turned into a pretty decent heavyweight champion, wouldn't you say? In fact, his worst enemy was himself!

We'd all like to see him pushed…tested…taken into deep water. It will happen.

But not on Saturday, 8/16, it won't!

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

Hehehe! The cadavers are his 30-$omething knockouts and the one on 8/16 on the U.S. mainland.

Iron Mike first 10 bouts was marshmallows and tomato cans. By his 1th bout, he was fighting warm bodies. By bout 20th, he was fighting top contenders. By bout 28th, in two years, he was world champion.

Deontay Wilder has been jiving and conniving and high fiving for over six years now. No! No! No! I won't believe in him an iota.

Boxing is a hard business. And it is full of cons. Some very morbid. D-Wi has collected more cadavers to dissect and beat up on than: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDU0X9VVQn4.

He needs to dance with a soul that has a mild heartbeat. Holla!

Cus Seasoned Tyson perfectly . Eddie Chambers ,Cunningham, Chisora ,Splitzka would be good match-ups that would of improved Wilder and gave him experience of tough fights. I favor Briggs, Fury, Haye before Surgery, over Wilder. I still don't think Don will let BS in the ring with Wilder next. I give Wilder a good shot against Wlad believe it or not.

QUOTE=amayseng;61410]Stiverne whoops Wilder. With ease.[/QUOTE]

Not just a win for Stiverne, but a [B]WIN, [B][/B][/B] huh?

I'm going the other way.

[QUOTE=The Commish;61502]QUOTE=amayseng;61410]Stiverne whoops Wilder. With ease.[/QUOTE]

Not just a win for Stiverne, but a [B]WIN, [B][/B][/B] huh?

I'm going the other way.

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

I just think Wilder, who is a great puncher and uses distance quite well, has not had a challenge and Stiverne is a well rounded and slick boxer with good buzz, Wilder could walk himself into trouble and not only be out boxed but hurt a few times.

Gavern on 6 days notice, terrible shape.

Wilder had better work in sparring.