Danny Garcia says he had a lot of distractions for his last fight, this time he is focused & ready
Aug 07 2014 5:54 PM

Unified Super Lightweight World Champion Danny Garcia will be facing Rod Salka on August 9 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Garcia and Salka are meeting in a Catchweight of 142 lbs.

Herrera deserves a lot of credit. He was very underrated coming into that fight and proved he is a top Jr. Welterweight. It wasn't what Garcia didn't do or was “distracted” but instead was what Herrera was able to do in the ring. He beats a lot of top fighters at Jr. Welterweight and Welterweight and can compete with anyone in those weight classes.

[QUOTE=deepwater2;60764]What distractions? Trying to learn the Spanish language before his “homecoming fight”? Man up and just say Herrera gave him a hell of a fight and he is working hard to improve. Period. No need for excuses.[/QUOTE]

Good one, Deep.

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;60786]I find Danny to be an interesting conundrum. He has won some big time fights but it does seem like all the breaks have fallen his way. With Herrera he escaped barely and depending on when you ask me, I might say he lost. Zab gave him a fit the last five rounds and if he figures out that Danny could not catch his overhand right after a jab about a round earlier Danny loses. Against The Machine he hit Lucas with an elbow that instantly shut his eye in a fight Danny was losing 4-2, maybe 5-1.

I think Danny's good but not as good as some want us to believe. Hearing him say he had distractions before what was suppose to be a showcase fight for him makes me wonder about him even more.[/QUOTE]

Exactly…

Distractions or not, once punched in the face your fighting instincts take over, you are no longer thinking about a bad romance, the electric bill or what you had for breakfast….
At least thats how I am.

dino da vinci says:

@amazing one. Yes, safe to say getting punched in the head is a great tool for regaining your focus.

[QUOTE=amayseng;60829]Exactly…

At least thats how I am.[/QUOTE]WARNING: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Sensitive material! DON'T READ IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED ABOUT GENDER identification.

Hehehehe! Funny as heck! I was once fighting, distracted and thinking about what I wanted to this dame. She was eyeballing me from a ringside seat with her legs wide open, and up went my peck. Then KaBOOM! POW! POW! KaZOOK! I was on my arse, and off my game. Then I had an episode of “WHAT DA PUCK! I gotta get UP! I'm down on my arse because I was looking at some butt.”

I rose like a yellow-red scorching sun. And knocked out my ¢o¢ksure adversary in round one. I later found out that the dame and I were the same. And I don't play that game.

I'm hardcore, hardwired X-Y chromosomes. And will do da nasty only with X-X chromosomes.

The moral of the story: Fight your fight. On jive going on outside of the ring don't bite.

[QUOTE=Radam G;60852]WARNING: WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Sensitive material! DON'T READ IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED ABOUT GENDER identification.

Because a ringside chick — with a turtleneck blouse on — might turn out to be a bigger-than-yours d¡¢k. And I don't roll that way. Or with, down do I lay [$¡¢]. No hate! The Alpha male and fighting instinct always kick in from a slight bit of shock. And those of us with it, have it on a-lifetime LOCK. Holla![/QUOTE]

My Lord…..haha

Come on RG I can see shooting her a glance from the stool then running her down after the bout but damn, that Catholic school took its toll on you for real