Chris Algieri: “I will stay on Manny's face and he will have to deal with me for 12 rounds”
Sep 04 2014 10:10 PM

Chris Algieri current WBO Light Welterweight Champion talks about the challenge he has ahead in facing Manny Pacquiao. Algieri says he is not intimidated by Manny Pacquiao but he knows Pacquiao still has the fire and the killer instinct.

Algieri wants to fight and beat the best. Pacquiao vs. Algieri happens November 22 in Macao, China.

Wow! The man with stone necklace will not be able to handle the Pac-pace. ¢-Al has bit off more than he can taste. He's going to get KTFO being in 3m's face. This is boksing match not a race.

¢-Al is acting like he is going to be a thief in night. Like a snatcher, he is going to get sprayed with rapid fire shots that will feel like scorching, blinding mace. ¢-Al will not have a good fight. Holla!

flackoguapo says:

[QUOTE=flackoguapo;63115]Manny is going to have to find this guy and feint or get under C-ALs long jab. Radam, when's the first time you have seen Da manny train? Did you know he was going to be special or did you not see him till he had one of his bigger fights at bantamweight?[/QUOTE]

The first time that I saw him train he was 14 years old in the amateurs. His amateur record was something like 65-4 with about 40 knockouts. (He was also a kick boxer Muay Thai fighter.) And yes! You can always tell when a pug is to be special. Holla!

thegreyman says:

Algieri is is talking madness building up to this fight

Algieri is really trying to build this fight. His promoter and Top Rank must have got in his ear and told him this is the time to sell yourself. Get out in front of the media and talk a good game. It will help you get more fights down the line. Its actually a very smart strategy and worked in the past for similar underdogs who parlayed one big fight into other opportunities in part because of their personality in the pre-fight build up.

Algieri is who he is. He is not going to be in Manny's face. Algieri will use his legs and pick spots to open up in the pocket. He did this against both Provodnikov and Taylor earlier this year. I am not knocking his style but this is who he is.

I do believe Algieiri gives a better account of himself and makes this a better fight than a lot of people are predicting. But this is not going to be a slugfest by any means. Pac's speed and skill will be too much for Algieri. But I see Algieiri having spots, giving a good account of himself and raising his stature and ranking in defeat. And ultimately getting more fights because of how he performs in the ring and on the press tour.

[QUOTE=Skibbz;63158]Pump the jab 2/3's of the way out and make sure you're running Chris. If Manny get's too close just jump out of the ring and run all the way back to Huntington. I hope Manny smashes some of the heaviest shots he's thrown in the last few years into the nurse's body, get him stationary and then target those eyes that swell so easily. For Chris' sake I hope he decides to hang them up after this bout.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Skibbz not exactly showing the love for my homeboy! I haven't even seen you dump on Adrien Broner like this!

Hahaha! I could imagine the sea owl — I mean ¢-Al — running back to the mainland USA on a shark-invested Ocean. He is imagining that he is such a Superman that he would not need a boat or plane. Just his turtle-slow feet, that he imagine are fast.

“Manny won't be able to handle my speed and range,” the ¢o¢ksure, air jabbing ¢-Al incredibly tries to convince himself.

[QUOTE=Radam G;63186]Hehehehehehehe! We are laughing our arses off at your rib-cracking post. “…If Manny get's too close just jump out of the ring and run all the way back to Huntington…”

I think that “Air” Jordan — I mean “Air Jabbing” Algieri couldn't even win in basketball. So hard he is going to fall. Holla![/QUOTE]

“The smaller they are, the harder they fall.”

This one is gonna' be the “Upset of the Year” when C-Al jabs and stabs and pecks and combos his waay to a dazzling decision over your future Hall of Fame homeboy.

I know Pacquiao is going to handle the loss very well. Are you going to be able to handle it well, Radam? It is going to be a very tough pill to swallow, I know. Da' Manny will be okay, though. He really will. Algieri may even give him a rematch.

I know you're laughing. I know just about all of you Pacquiao fans are laughing. Hey, I'm a Pacquiao fan, too. But I'm just being realistic. On November 22, Pac-Man is going to come up short in the scoring of a terrific fight.

The rematch is going to be just as terrific.

The losses are not going to affect Pacquiao's eventual selection into the IBHOF.

Relax, though. Relax. We still have over two months to go.

[QUOTE=The Commish;63234]”The smaller they are, the harder they fall.”

The rematch is going to be just as terrific.

Relax, though. Relax. We still have over two months to go.

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

Tic for a tac. I hit you, you hit back. All of the Empire State feels under attack. Because your homeboy ¢-Al got off the wrong track.

He's benefitted from a home-cooking verdict, now he believes that he is a boksing monsterous Mack. But only air, he cracks. The fundamentals skills of elite pugging, he lacks.

¢-Al talks big indeed. But a simple feint, he doesn't know how to read. Biting off GOAT Ali, I hope that he has a lot of insurance. Because he has no speed and endurance.

Da Manny/3m is from a different dimension. The arse thrashing that he is going to put on ¢-Al, Team Algieri has no comprehension.

¢-Al keep mouthing off that he is going to not only beat 3m, but dominate 3m with wits and range.

¢-Al better quit listening to his trainer — “New Jack” Lane — a kissing cousin of Lois Lane.

Stoney Brook University Chris Algieri has elementary proprioception. Like I spitted earlier, with 3m, ¢-Al is in a different [much lower] dimension.

The truth hurts. But it is better than throwing dirt.

¢-Al is running off at the mouth, because he doesn't have a boksing brain. On him, from every angle, 3m's shots and missiles are to rain.

¢-Al is going to be in a lot of pain. But for this arse whipping that he's going to get $2mil he will gain. Holla!

Chris Algieri's peep hole is still messed up and tore up from da flo' up.

We are already in September and ¢-Al still has broken bones around his eye socket. And for good luck, he is wearing around his neck something like a stone locket.

Against 3m, Air Algieri is going to hit a bad air pocket. And crash like a rocket.

Dude has not even been clearance for sparring yet. On him, and this “Chris-has-a-PhD-in-upset charade, your money you better not bet.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBz6nTLUN1A. Holla!