Chad Dawson vs. George Blades – Win By KO
Jun 21 2014 6:36 PM

In 2 minutes and 35 seconds, Chad Dawson takes out George Blades on the June 21st Showtime Extreme.

Blades was exactly that. He went out in 2:35 of Round One. The fight was used as a confidence builder for Dawson. It was exactly that. Nothing more, nothing less. The matchup showed us nothing about Dawson that says he can/cannot make it all the way back.

Those answers may have to wait another fight or two.

For me, I'd love to see him fight Marcus “The Liver Killer” Browne. Unfortunately, Browne is with Haymon, too. It's highly-doubtful Haymon would do that to Dawson.

[QUOTE=The Commish;56272]As soon as Chad Dawson signed with Al Haymon, you already knew he had made a successful move. Dawson, after two losses in a row, took on opponent George Blades.

Those answers may have to wait another fight or two.

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

thegreyman says:

[QUOTE=The Shadow;56286]He looked awful. Slow, lethargic. Came down from 218, he said. Yuck. Undisciplined. It was just a paid sparring session. This was Chad Dawson in name only. I don't see how a top level athlete can go to looking so terrible so quickly.[/QUOTE]

Tyson Fury came in heavily overweight recently, but still put on a display of skill, and got the KO. Chad got the job done at the end of the day, and for that he deserves only praise- especially given the nature of that win.

I hope this puts Chad back on the road to success now- all the best to him!

thegreyman says:

[QUOTE=Skibbz;56340]Yes he got the job done but his display on the scales was completely unprofessional. That's part of the job too regardless of the calibre of opponent. If I was a future opponent of Bad Chad i'd have looked at him on the scales and seen the soft former champ's physique as a sign of weakness.

Let's not forget, ballooning up and down, gaining fat and losing it all has an affect on the body. Many guys lose a lot of their ability from bad diet and having to sweat it off. Bad Chad could soon be another one to add to that list.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=thegreyman;56345]Right you are Skibbz. Fat levels, weather too high or dangerously low, have a negative affect on hormones and long term athletic capabilities. Chad's only hurting himself.

Chad's only fooling himself. I wonder if it reflects a real mental decline in confidence and motivation.[/QUOTE]

It certainly has a knock on effect on confidence, and is a sign of lack of motivation as I'm sure you know. With your head in pies you can't be doing 12-16 hard rounds sparring. Not that he would be for this type of fight but he couldn't even if he wanted to. It's a fact.

Dawson must have really binged during his hiatus. I hate to see fighters take a year off and age 7 years mentally and physically in the process.

Dawson swears he' ll be in title contention shape for his next fight.
Praise be Al Haymon if he can pull that off.

Dawson says he's ready to retrieve the title he loaned to Adonis Stevenson and plans to sieze his property with ruthless deliberation when next they meet.

Trouble is… I don't know who really wants to see that fight again unless Dawson can make an example out of somebody like Shumenov.

Or possibley take on a fighter who has a harder time making matches than a dating site for women over 80.

The one and only Krusher Kovalev.

[QUOTE=brownsugar;56361]Even the Guinness guzzling, …… fish and chips munching Ricky Hatton got back into decent fighting shape after transforming into a heavyweight between fights during his final run at the title.

Dawson swears he' ll be in title contention shape for his next fight.
Praise be Al Haymon if he can pull that off.

The one and only Krusher Kovalev.[/QUOTE]

You want the guy who turned up to the scales with all that 'jive' on his body, and who's been KO'd twice in his last 3 to fight the banger who can put you down with a jab to the body?!?! I'd love to see it. Go on Bad Chad, call him out. Krusher is hitting dead ends with nothing but bags to maul. Get that fight on, put on a strong display and you'll win incredible support and backing win or lose.

[QUOTE=thegreyman;56326]I think it's tough to motivate yourself to fight a chump when you're a world level fighter like Chad. Still, that's no excuse.

I hope this puts Chad back on the road to success now- all the best to him![/QUOTE]

By the way, the loud-mouthed Fury will be on my show with me & Cooney this Friday. It should be a fun segment.

thegreyman says:

[QUOTE=The Commish;56465]Tyson Fury coming in overweight is different than Chad Dawson coming in overweight. Chad is a light heavyweight, and even a few pounds can make a difference. Fury is a 6'10″ heavyweight.

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

The similarity I meant to draw is that neither bothered to train very hard; relying solely on their skill and fighting experience to get the job done, and both succeeded.

-Randy G.[/QUOTE]

That loud-mouthness of Tyson “Fists of” Fury is in the DNA. Dude and GOAT Ali are distance cousins on the Irish O'Grady [also known as Grady] side of da fam. Holla!

Fury is trying harder now to get in shape, and he's not doing too bad. His youngest brother is making his pro debut tomorrow… He is fond of pies too. He's crude though.. Still he's got the Fury spirit so it may be entertaining.