Chad Dawson is ready for the second chapter of his career
Jun 18 2014 10:37 PM

Chad Dawson (31-3, 17KOs) will have his comeback against George Blades after a year layoff since losing to Adonis Stevenson. Dawson-Blades will happen June 21 at the StubHub Center live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® (8 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast).

Photo Credit: Gene Blevins – Hoganphotos/Golden Boy Promotions

Chad is going to have to make a lot of changes and adjustments: In his training, in his outlook and in his attitude towards those around him and towards the media.

Certainly, Dawson's comeback fight will not be any indicator. We'll just have to wait until He faces some “live” opposition.

Dawson was mentally fragile coming into that Stevenson fight. He'd just been taking apart by Andre Ward. He seemingly had a multitude of excuses and was blaming everyone else but himself for what happened in the ring.

Then came the one punch KO at the hands of Stevenson. So the question now is where is Dawson mentally heading into this next stage of his career.

We may know a little more Saturday if not a lot more. Talent wise, he is an excellent boxer who possesses speed and skill coming from a southpaw stance. If somehow he can be rebuilt, well he has a chance to make some noise at Light Heavyweight.

But can he be rebuilt? I am not sure but we will find out soon enough.

the Roast says:

Dawson is in a tough spot. There isn't much to gain for any of the divisions big names by fighting Chad. He's already been KOed in his last two fights. Dawson may have to drop down to the ESPN level and take on a young undefeated fighter in his hometown. Try to get on a roll before looking for title fights and big money.

[QUOTE=Skibbz;56014]Every time I see a picture of Chad I just have an image of him KO'd. I can't help it and it although it may not represent him as a fighter, his chin has come under scrutiny and did not pass the test. I see the KO in his eyes….[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=The Shadow;56088]Lol I was thinking something similar!! I'm looking at him and I do not like what I see. I see the KO in his eyes too. Haha.[/QUOTE]

Yes he has that certain look doesn't he? If you expect to be KO'd….

Well really have to wonder after the weigh in how seriously Dawson is taking this fight or his career. He came in at 182 and lets just say did not look very cut. Not a good way to start the road back…

This is a nice comeback fight for “Bad” Chad. He needs perhaps a few “confidence builders” like this fight.

George Blades is just not sharp enough to beat Chad Dawson. He was diced by Jean Pascal & pounded on by Jose Luis Herrera & Zsolt Erdei. Dawson should have the same easy time with him.

This is a nice step back for Dawson. By no means, though, is it a barometer of how much he has it together mentally.

[QUOTE=Skibbz;56102]Yes he has that certain look doesn't he? If you expect to be KO'd….[/QUOTE]

Did you see how he looked on the scale? UGH! I'm gonna find a before/after shot…

Here it is: [ATTACH=CONFIG]113[/ATTACH]

Wow! Now he is Sad-Bad Chad. Nothing waste away muscles like a sad heart. Holla!

And maybe you need to holla at TSS reader Doc M-Cola. It looks like Chad has been taking psychosomatic drugs for his apparent condition of mental challenges. Holla!

Who ate all the pies..

thegreyman says:

Hahaha oh dear…

Poor Chad doesn't look like he's been doing much running- in fat Chad is clad!

I wish Chad Dawson Well, But he will have to fight his way back into my consciousness. I don't think about him, his future or what he may accomplish.

Chad is dead to me.

but I wish him no ill will,

If he does manage to somehow resurrect his career, than he'll probably resurrect my interest. Until then, good luck Chad.

This guy came into the ring as a heavyweight. 202 pounds! That's about what Joe Frazier weighed when he beat Muhammad Ali…

This is what separates the elite from the good. They stay in there gym and are athletes 365 days a year. Like the Klitschkos, Floyd, Rigo and B-Hop. Always in shape. This guy is a bit of a disappointment honestly.