BRAVO ESPN! for venturing into big fights
Apr 01 2014 1:25 AM

Al Bernstein talks about ESPN's entrance into the airing of big fights such as the Bermane Stiverne vs. Chris Arreola event on May 10  for the vacant WBC Heavyweight World Championship which will be telecast live on a special Saturday primetime ESPN broadcast.

Bravo . Bring back Tuesday night fights please

Heck yeah!!

Man, if ESPN decided to just pour a little of that Disney money into boxing, they would lock that sh*t down.

As it is now, I think ESPN could fill out the hole left by EPIX by buying those mid-to-high level fights very nicely. You know those fights that are just below HBO level. Like a Chisora-Fury II.

What do you guys think?

[QUOTE=deepwater2;47697]Bravo . Bring back Tuesday night fights please[/QUOTE]

In the words of the great Manny Steward:

OOOOOOH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;47757]In the words of the great Manny Steward:

OOOOOOH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!

I USE TO LOVE TUESDAY NIGHT FIGHTS. I believe that ESPN and USA did them at one time or another. In my eyes, boxing was a true meritocracy then. You fought on Tuesday's and if you won you moved to Friday. if you won a couple times on Friday you got on a HBO Boxing or Boxing After Dark undercard. Then you became a headliner. Then you moved to pay-per view. The beauty of it was that it was a lot easier to follow a guy then. He didn't just all of sudden pop onto your screen after he was 18-0.[/QUOTE]

man those were the days.

I am 35 and I remember watching tuesday night fights as a young lad.

the Roast says:

[QUOTE=the Roast;47798]Tuesday Night Fights was a great show. That Larry Holmes jumping off a car onto Trevor Berbick incident took place on TNF. We also got alot of faded Duran, Camacho, and Paz fighting clubfighters from the midwest. Remember when Riddick Bowe was fighting I want to say it was Ellijah Tillery when Rock Newman grabbed Tillery around the neck and Bowe pounded him over the top rope? I wonder why ESPN is showing Staverene-Arreola? Is this a one shot deal or what? FNF has been barely worth watching this season. I recorded the show Friday but never got around to watching it with all the March Madness.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that drop kick!?

“Larry-Home punch mi and kick mi! He punch mi and kick mi!”

*epic drop kick*

Berbick done.

Man, just imagine something like this today, oh my goodness. Wouldn't that be so awesome if Andre Ward crashed a GGG interview with a big cake and smashed it in his face or something?

the Roast says:

[QUOTE=The Shadow;47810]Oh man, that drop kick!?

“Larry-Home punch mi and kick mi! He punch mi and kick mi!”

*epic drop kick*

Berbick done.

You're right, FNF definitely isn't the same as that. I like Teddy and Joe on fight night 360 on my Xbox though.[/QUOTE]

That would be good, extra spice is always nice!