Bennett Says No Matter if Canelo ingested The substance knowingly or not he has to be responsible – Bob Bennett, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, talked with our man Marcelino Castillo about Canelo Alvarez’s six months suspension. The penalty was ruled at a hearing that took place Wednesday, April 18th.
Canelo had a positive test for Clenbuterol on March 5 and blamed the result on tainted Mexican beef. Alvarez was scheduled for a rematch with Gennady Golovkin on May 5, but that date had already been canceled.
Mr. Bennett is very clear about the regulation behind the Mexican star’s suspension: “It really doesn’t matter whether you took it voluntarily or you didn’t know it, whether is intentionally, knowingly or negligently, you ingested it, you are going to be responsible for that being in your system”.
Bennett Says No Matter If Canelo Ingested The Substance Knowingly Or Not He Has To Be Responsible / Check out more boxing news and features at The Sweet Science.