An absent Diego Chaves and a focused and joyful Brandon Rios this was the #RiosChaves final presser
Aug 01 2014 12:40 AM

Diego Chaves was unable to attend the press conference due to visa problems that delayed his arrival to Las Vegas, his team had arrived a few minutes before the press conference and Chaves needed to get some rest.

Nevertheless, the press conference took place and Brandon Rios was relaxed and playful assuring this training camp he was focused and disciplined and expects to give fans a great fight.

Bam Bam got the triggers on his guns ¢o©ked, and he ready to fire away. He is gonna put more heat on Chaves than a Sin City's August hot, scorching, day.

We will see if it takes a toll on him.

[QUOTE=amayseng;60097]Chaves is at a disadvantage right off the bat. Coming in late, little rest, rushing around.

We will see if it takes a toll on him.

I predict Rios will be the same straight forward fighter who eats 3 shots to deliver 2[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=deepwater2;60104]Rios will be right back in the mix if he cuts Chaves down. Rios vs Thurman? Rios vs Ruslan P.?[/QUOTE]

Rios is never in a dull fight. Gotta appreciate that

We will see if it takes a toll on him.

[QUOTE=oubobcat;60108]The problem for this fight for Rios is that Chaves is a natural Welterweight who can punch. Those 3 shots he eats will be much harder shots than he has ever taken in the past. Those 2 he lands will be against the biggest man he has ever fought. I don't think his punches will have the impact on a big natural Welterweight like Chaves like they did on smaller fighters. I see Chaves walking through Rios' shots and Rios getting broken down by Chaves shots. Rios is tough and has heart and I think Robert Garcia ultimately saves his fighter from himself.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Holla!

Well, keep in mind, Garcia didn't save Margarito from Pacquiao.

[QUOTE=deepwater2;60132]Was R. Garcia in Fernando Vargas' corner against Trinidad or was it his dad? I don't think anyone saved Vargas that night, he went out hard on his shield.[/QUOTE]

Think it was his dad, Roberto was pretty young then. Not sure…

And he sure did!

[QUOTE=The Shadow;60135]Think it was his dad, Roberto was pretty young then. Not sure…

And he sure did![/QUOTE]

It was definitely Poppa Garcia. He doesn't play punk. You have to have da funk. Or you will go out on your shield. That is the way Big Poppa G rolls.

Don't forget how he let son, nowadays-trainer-“Grandpa” Robert, go out on his shield against the late, great Diego Corrales. Holla!