All Access: Mayweather vs Maidana – Epilogue
May 11 2014 12:00 AM

In the final installment of All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana, follow both fighters backstage and witness the aftermath of an epic battle.

El Dude says:

Does Showtime know how to put on a show, or WHAT. ShoSports, the P4P Regulators of the Cable Network. Who raises the Title in the air while ruling PPV, who produces the fights of the year, who is the one who is the #1 of all the sport shows, Showtime that's who. From the fighters to the promoters, Showtime has no rivals and are second to none when it comes to competition. Congratulations for all your success Showtime and thank you for all the Boxing rivalries that will for ever live strong in our memories.
El Dude gave it to Marcos “The Bee-Hive” Maidana 7-5 after the replay but originally had it 8-4 for Chino.

I didn't see the epilogue yet, hopefully I'll catch it today. its funny when you've seen a fight half a dozen times it seem brand new when it's being rebroadcasted the first time. I wasn't looking for it. it's just that I received several facebook notifications from the highschool alumni notifying me it was on. Mayweather does so many subtle things in the ring you can always find new wrinkles and nuances to his craft. it's possible he may have felt some of the punches,.. and could even have been rattled…. but he never displayed it during the course of the fight, …. over time…..actually getting stronger the longer fight went on in spite of receiving blatant low blows, elbows and having Maidana's head shoved in his face. At the post fight conference there was only a slight abrasion on the opposite cheek from the cut eye. No swelling…. it was a masterful display of resilience by the p4p champ even though he may have underestimated Maidana's resolved and fought the type of style which allowed Maidana to get off more often than he wanted. Floyd senior is against a rematch and is trying to get Floyd to ditch the option due to the risk of potential injury present when one fighter has a total disregard for following the rules. So far Mayweather has been mum on what his plans are for a future bout…. if there is a future bout. Which is his normal routine after a fight until his ego feels the colossal need to feed his craving for attention in addition to the public validation of his supremacy.

I watched the epilogue today and what I found was quite revealing, they had to keep reusing the same Floyd right hands and body jabs. Meaning, he didn't land very many.

I saw Floyd whiffing numerous punches all fight, whiffing, through the air, I have never seen that.

Also, Chino landed a lot of jabs, a lot on Floyd.

People are too romantic about Floyd's razor right hand, Chino wins an entire round and Floyd lands 2 rights and people automatically give it to Floyd.

[QUOTE=amayseng;52311]Elbows? Talk about elbows, I re watched the fight yet again as I knocked out the monster known as my treadmill for 40 minutes. And man did Floyd use that elbow, again and again and again. And boy did Floyd clinch, again and again and again. Sure clinching is part of the game, but guess what when your opponent throws 3 punches inside that you muffle and immediately clinch and dont even let go when the referee is prying you apart, well your opponent is scoring and you are stalling, even if he isn't landing clean shots.

Also, Chino landed a lot of jabs, a lot on Floyd.

I implore everyone to go back to Mortcola's original synopsis and winner of the fight.[/QUOTE]

Ditto A-Seng! That is about the way I saw it to. Money May has a lot of people fluzzie whipped about him. He was not sharp and swift at all. Holla!

I think we all loved the All Access series. A job well done for Showtime and the man behind all of them, the great Ross Greenburg, formerly of HBO Sports. HBO could not have lost a more gifted producer. Likewise, Showtime could not have made a better catch.

[QUOTE=Skibbz;52354]I was very shocked to see how fast Maidana looked.. To be honest with you guys I thought through the first 6 that he may have taken some popeye medicine.. He tired though and lost all his steam so I didn't think much of it after that. Still as mentioned he was catching Floyd with Jabs hooks and all kinds of punches which I didn't expect, and I don't believe I underestimated Maidana.

This all access made up for the first 3. Had me buzzing for the rematch.. Hope they make it happen.[/QUOTE]

Skibbz, you weren't alone thinking that. He got pummeled to the body form the first round on, missed hundreds of punches yet nothing happened. I thought there was some funny spinach until he finally slowed just a bit. In that shape he was in, I bet he could've hung with Lance on the Alpe D'Huez.