Alfredo Angulo feels a draw would have been fair in Mayweather-Maidana
May 04 2014 12:00 AM

Former Champion Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo says he saw the Chino Maidana he expected to see against  Floyd Mayweather and feels the score of 117-111 for Mayweather given by judge Burt A. Clements was completely off.

El Dude says:

Marcos the Bee-Hive Maidana clearly won the fight. Team Maidana produced a relenting assault but was held to often by the clinching of the so called champ. Floyd stood out resembling like a frantic person being attacked by a swarm of killer bees. Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo feels that Maidana did not lose and out of respect for the sport he is calling it equal. I respect El Perro for he is a true warrior of the ring but I call it as I see it and I say Maidana won it fair and square.
by El Dude.

There was no robbery in my humble opinion. The bout could have gone either way. Money May definitely fought the wrong style of fighter. Chino and he will be in a close scrap every time.

Da Manny would beat Money May like a drum, though. Open up a can of whup-@$$ on him. Chino revealed how slow Money May actually is.

Styles make fights. Money May should side step a rematch with Chino. Stay away from Khan and Da Manny. And find a beatable opponent from the stock of pretenders. Holla!

No robbery here, the fight really could have gone either way. Like El Perro, I also scored the fight a draw.

I want to see the rematch. This was the first time in a very long time we saw Mayweather in a tough fight that he was in real danger of losing. Lets set the record straight once and for all in September.

Can you guys tell me how you scored the rounds? I had it 116-112 Mayweather

I have to go look at the tape of the fight. Off the top of my head, I had it 58-56 through six rounds for Maidana. I had Mayweather then 58-56 in the 2nd half of the fight. I was at a theater and in hindsight I should have been writing down how I scored each round. I know the first round I scored for Maidana and the last for Maidana but honestly can't recall specifically after that what I scored each round.

Upon second viewing, I had it 8-4 Floyd. Floyd did some sick body work in close and was punching with authority.

Like Andre Ward said, 8-4 Floyd, give or take. That said, had Maidana gotten a split decision verdict, I wouldn't have called it a robbery, either.

[QUOTE=The Shadow;51643]I had it 7-5 watching it live, with draw being a fair verdict, but I admittedly got a little caught up in the element of surprise, Maidana's effort, and the shock of how eerily similar the first round looked to the first round vs. Broner.

I like that Maidana now has a signature punch — the elbow-to-the-heavens, aim-for-the-top-of-the-skull overhand right slobberknocker. He's like a damn bulldozer. He's going to be very marketable in the future.[/QUOTE]

I scored the bout in the way pro judges suppose to. A score of 116 to 115 for Finishweather — I mean Mayweather. Chino Maidana definitely broke the Mayvinci code.

In rounds, I scored the bout 5-4-3 for Money May. He was smart to stay on the ropes, or Chino probably would've knocked him around or down with that shift-left hook that followed the jab and a few times the overhand right.

For Money May, there is and was a built-in prejudice and invincibility as being undefeated and the slickest-fighting Yank around since “Sweet Pea” Whitaker, Sugar Ray Leonard and GOAT Ali combined.

Promotion Money May edged out action Money May. And that is the American way.

How many times have you see the action not add up to the promotion? Holla!

The Money May's Razzle dazzle and bytching to Tony Weeks have apparently caused severe inattention BLINDNESS. Even Pops Joy May said that his son fought Maidana's fight and “got hit too much, though (he) beat Maidana at his own fight,” PJM concluded.

Maidana hit Money May just about as much as Money May hit him. Money May may have had a walk in the park, but his arse got mugged and cut. And he was lucky to get closely away with his butt. Holla!

[QUOTE=Skibbz;51653]I had it 8-4 for Floyd too. Unless we're counting shots which don't land clean, and those that miss then Floyd really won by a fair margin.

@oubobcat Check the fight again and let us know how you score the rounds. If you watch it again I think you might see that Maidana wasn't landing a lot of what he was throwing throughout the fight.[/QUOTE]

I will definitely check it out again, without sound as well, and rescore the rounds and let everyone know.

[QUOTE=deepwater2;51744]I had MM up by one point. Draw is fine. Ban the 10-10 round please.This isn't Olympic boxing. I score effective punches not pretty punches. Chino ate Floyd cleans punches and never got discouraged from fighting his fight. Chinos jab was impressive, his work to the body was brutal. Some rough stuff in there but hey its a fight both guys used rough tactics.[/QUOTE]

Chino should have been called on some of those fouls. Also Floyd was completely relaxed during some of those seemingly wild exchanges along the ropes.

Computer box stats were skewed because Chino like Robert Guerrero trains to hit and hold. Yet he still only got an average of 26% landed. If they had the HBO crash test dummy you would have seen that Chino landed most of those ineffective shots along one side of Floyds heavily muscled arms and body and still failed to zap Floyd of his second wind later in the fight…. while Floyd had Chino's head snapping all night long.
In my eyes Floyd won clearly.

dino da vinci says:

[QUOTE=The Good Doctor;51793]I hate the 10-10 round too but I think you have to have it simply because judging is subjective. With that in mind, if things are subjective you cannot rule out any opinion. However, I do think ruling a round 10-10 is being lazy and not committing true concentration and thought to your judging. I would be willing to bet most 10-10 rounds are scored that way out of convenience more than anything.[/QUOTE]

Except of course when it's truly an even round. And if you're determined to find a winner of an amazingly close round and you get it wrong you've created a two point swing.

[QUOTE=brownsugar;51809]I have watched the fight six times now….. Not to suggest that by watching the fight more than most folks I have suddenly become the final word on the subject. And i respect what has been said by everybody else……But either the guy won or he didnt… There can't be three Valid results.

In my eyes Floyd won clearly.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Floyd was calm amidst the storm and he knew what was coming and when. If you lose your cool you get caught. If you're trying hard to evade punches you'll get caught. Only if you're relaxed with your eyes on your opponent do you have the best chance of making him miss and countering in kind.

However, Chino should have been called for the fouls.. But Floyd too should have been warned for holding after being told to break for a while longer than 3 seconds.. At times he had both Maidana's arms locked and Weeks was struggling to part the fighters. But as everyone knows… You continue until you're told to stop.

In my eyes Floyd won clearly.[/QUOTE]

No need in beating a dead, rottening, smelly horse. Biasness for whatever reason sees beautifulness in the ugliest ugly and blast everything to fit that belief of biasness.

Money May won a close, ugly fight, in which he got busted up and surprised. Maidana landed 35 percent of his power shots, according to the Showtime punch count. Stylistically labeling them is of no count, because they counted. Go back and look at Money May's busted-up mug and bloodshot belly. Ineffective shots really bruised him badly.

[I watched the bout on my state-of-the-super-art Apple iPad filth generation that is not out for the general public yet. And on it, I can see the slightest damage on each pug, as if I were standing a meter from each one. Matter of fact, thanks to this great Asian-made technology of Apple Computer, I can slow up and angle up things that you wouldn't imagine.] Chino shots plugged into Money May's mug and torso like an electrical plug going into a wall socket.

Money May got ROCKED, DOUBLE BUZZED and SUPER-WOOPER SOCKED. He didn't have a good night. And it is all right. Chino EXPOSED him as aging fighter and more human than a lot of peeps want to believe. He doesn't have the ability to scrap like he once did. And that is a fact, JACK!

It's time to tear down the shack. Telling the truth and the whole truth about Money May, his fans, fanfaronades, flunkies, fanboys, fluzzies and groupies lack. But his dad, Pops Joy May doesn't have a problem with-his-son-didn't-look-good attack.

Just imagine if Chino would've fought in the gloves of his choosing. Team Money May is smart. They had the win in the pocket from the start. Bias judges and pillow gloves. Holla!

The judges opinions were a bit off. Neither had an easy fight. Draw would have been fine. Floyd has never been busted up like that in his entire career , except that spadafora sparring exhibition .

Actually Money May was badly cut and swollen faced against Reggie Sanders, in the then “Pretty Boy” Floyd Mayweather's second pro bout [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgCshY_8Huk.

Money May is full of sanitized Showtime history. He is also not a half-of-a billionaire. Dude is great at self promotion and running a number on his groupies, fluzzies and fanfaronades. His fanboys know what time it is. But they just love to put out that borderline-fibbing copy.

Money May is nowhere in sight of the top ten richest American athletes — less a lone the world — athletes, according to TheRichest.com, Forbes, and CelebrityNetWorth. Holla!