Abel Sanchez expects Golovkin vs. Rubio to be a short night
Aug 31 2014 12:59 AM

Abel Sanchez, Gennady Golovkin's trainer talks to Marcos Villegas about Golovkin's next fight against Mexican Marco Antonio Rubio, scheduled for October 18 at the StubHub Center. Abel Sanchez says him and Golovkin respect Rubio's power and boxing skills, but they will work on their tactics to come out victorious.

the Roast says:

[QUOTE=the Roast;62515]Really going out on a limb Abel. We all expect a short night. This fight is a waste of time and should not be happening.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but what is GGG to do?

the Roast says:

[QUOTE=amayseng;62560]Agreed, but what is GGG to do?

No one wants to be punched by him relentlessly until they are no longer able to stand.[/QUOTE]

I don't know man but there has to be somebody more suitable than Rubio.

[QUOTE=the Roast;62679]I don't know man but there has to be somebody more suitable than Rubio.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Sergio Mora, Adnan Catic, Sugar Ray Leonard, someone?!

Actually there isn't. Everyone of any credibility from 160 and 168 has either a scheduled fight within the next 3 months or is just recently coming off a bout. The only exception is really Kid Chocolate and he said that GGG isn't in his sights right now.

I know it sounds crazy but Rubio is his best option if he wants to get in the ring.

the Roast says:

[QUOTE=the Roast;62693]I'd rather see the Latin Snake get his chance to stink the place out, pull a stunning upset or get blasted out. There is only one possibility for Rubio. Get hammered by shot after shot until he goes down in round 1-4.[/QUOTE]

Eh, Bora is exhausting. At least Rubio will stand and at least try to fight.

Bora will bicycle us all to sleep by round 4.

Glad to see the Roast is back from vacation

They know….they all know. Rubios not ending this fight standing up.

the Roast says:

I have been put to sleep more than once by the Latin Snake but I'd rather see him in with 3G. Mora would try his best to box but my favorite attribute of GGG is his ability to cut off the ring and rip to the body. I'm sure he would catch the fleeing Snake sooner than later and force a fight. This would be the last time we see Sergio.

I am saying three rounds. Rubio willing but way out gunned. It will almost be a mirror image of the Macklin and Geale fights. The only question will be how the KO occurs for Golovkin…body shot, head shot or ref steps in from an accumulation of punches. I am going to say it will be a left hook to the liver that ends things.